- Graduate from the Faculté de médecine dentaire of Université de Montréal in 1984
- Multidisciplinary residency at St. Mary’s Hospital in Montreal in 1985
- Private practice in Dorval since 1985 (in Clinique dentaire Deschamps)
- Teacher at the Clinic of the Université de Montréal since 1986
- “Fellow” of the Académie dentaire du Québec since 2006
Very committed to her profession, Claire Deschamps has chaired the Société dentaire de Montréal and the Federation of Dental Societies of Montreal. She has also served on the board of directors of l’Ordre des dentistes du Québec for eight years, and she is actually very active on various committees of l’Ordre des dentistes.
Every year, she participates in humanitarian missions in dental medicine in several developing countries with Dentistes sans frontières. In particular, she has cared for disadvantaged and isolated populations in Bolivia, Uganda, Tanzania and the Philippines.